2003 Gem eL XD
In Stock and
Available For Sale
This vehicle is manufactured by Global Electric Motorcars, a Chrysler company. It is a member of a class of motor vehicles called low-speed vehicles (LSVs), also known as Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEV). This type of vehicle is designed to be driven on low speed limit public roads and has much of the lighting and safety equipment required on more familiar cars, trucks and SUVs. Local laws vary, so check with DMV authorities in your state.
Click on any photo below for a closer view.
* Automotive-style, three point safety belts.
* 13-inch street-rated tires
* Quartz-halogen headlamps with a
20-second safety delay after vehicle
is turned off, front and rear turn
signals, high-mount rear brake
* Structural composite and
thermoplastic body panels.
* Rear and side reflectors.
* Rearview and dual exterior mirrors
* Seats two occupants with
bench-style seating using
covered by marine grade UV-stable
* Four-wheel automotive-style
hydraulic brakes and parking brake.
* Dual A-arm front independent
suspension with coil over shock.
* Automotive rack-and-pinion steering.
* Welded aluminum space-frame
using custom aluminum-alloy extrusions.
* Heavy-duty DC motor with continuous
7 horsepower rating and 15
horsepower peak during acceleration
and hill climbing.
* Front-wheel drive with speed reducer
and integral differential.
* Solid-state custom motor controller
with under and over voltage detector,
regenerative braking, motor
thermal protection and top
* Nine 8-volt maintenance-free gel batteries .
* On-board 72-volt DC charger that plugs into a standard 110-volt AC 15-amp outlet.